Skip to main content
Topic: Who wins 2024? (Read 854 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Who wins 2024?

Reply #15
It's bizarre some at Carlton would call for removal of prior, an even worse situation for our slower midfield that relies on bigger heavier bodies to create a clearance.

Not everything is about us. I know that might be a bizarre way to look at things, but you should try it.

Yes, it would not benefit us, but i never said it would.

I'm looking at it with my AFL hat on, not my Navy blue hat.

Reply #16
One of the great features of our game is that it is inclusive of all types, not just the fastest or the most agile.
"Ruck, ruck, ruck, ruck ....... Ruck, ruck, ruck, ruck"

Reply #17
GWS for that camo-stealth guernsey they have and monologo on their guernsey - closest thing that resembles the Blues

Reply #18
GWS for that camo-stealth guernsey they have and monologo on their guernsey - closest thing that resembles the Blues

That GWS charcoal clash jumper is the best jumper in the league IMO.

Reply #19
That GWS charcoal clash jumper is the best jumper in the league IMO.
2nd best jumper, ours always has been the best jumper and always will be.

https://www.gq.com.au/gq-sports/afl-guernseys-ranked/image-gallery/1001250adf3ac0e3816fc6106e9e98d7
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #20
All Sydney GF.

SF's, Hawks beat Port, GWS beat Brisbane. Probably not hard to pick those two.

PF's, Sydney beat the Hawks, GWS beat Geelong. Cats have struggled this year when another side has put it on them. They got a soft touch the other night. Wish we got that. Sydney are more beatable than 8 weeks ago but I reckon they still win at home.

After yesterday's QF Sydney v GWS could go either way. Sydney have experience at GF level but GWS did have a big lead near 3/4 time yesterday. Sydney wouldn't want to do that again.

Reply #21
Hawks if the make the Granny,  they get my nod. Sam Micthell  has his boys playing with intensity, speed and a refreshing  game plan, they're enjoying their footy , exciting to watch , footy fans are getting on board the exuberant footy machine.

Reply #22
Hawks if the make the Granny,  they get my nod. Sam Micthell  has his boys playing with intensity, speed and a refreshing  game plan, they're enjoying their footy , exciting to watch , footy fans are getting on board the exuberant footy machine.
I dont know that I could tolerate my Hawthorn mates if they won. One mate in particular who said to me 10 -11 weeks ago (rnd 16 we'd just flogged Geel by 10 goals) and we were sitting in 2nd, they were 13th and he boldly claimed "we will salute before your mob does". I told him he was crazy and he asked why to which I replied, "look at the ladder mate, we are 2nd are you are 13th".
Those words will come back to haunt me I'm sure.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #23
I dont know that I could tolerate my Hawthorn mates if they won. One mate in particular who said to me 10 -11 weeks ago (rnd 16 we'd just flogged Geel by 10 goals) and we were sitting in 2nd, they were 13th and he boldly claimed "we will salute before your mob does". I told him he was crazy and he asked why to which I replied, "look at the ladder mate, we are 2nd are you are 13th".
Those words will come back to haunt me I'm sure.

Agreed. This would be my worst nightmare.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #24
All Sydney GF.

SF's, Hawks beat Port, GWS beat Brisbane. Probably not hard to pick those two.

PF's, Sydney beat the Hawks, GWS beat Geelong. Cats have struggled this year when another side has put it on them. They got a soft touch the other night. Wish we got that. Sydney are more beatable than 8 weeks ago but I reckon they still win at home.

After yesterday's QF Sydney v GWS could go either way. Sydney have experience at GF level but GWS did have a big lead near 3/4 time yesterday. Sydney wouldn't want to do that again.
Agree...Swans and GWS are the two best teams in it....too close to call, need to see final teams.