Skip to main content
Topic: AFL 2024 Elimination Final 1 Post Game Prognostications Carlton vs Brisbane (Read 6323 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL 2024 Elimination Final 1 Post Game Prognostications Carlton vs Brisbane

Reply #270
We used a forward down back most of the game.
Elijah Hollands had a go there as well.
Played behind the ball and left us a man short in our forward line allowing Brisbane some easy exits ie Zorko in particular.
Dumb move imo..

Reply #271
Not really, we don't know if they were right or wrong because, TDK only came on after 40 minutes and still only played 50% of game time in total. So after the first 40 minutes on the bench, he spent about another 20 minutes on the bench during the rest of the game.

And that's in the normal range when we play Pitto and Tom.  Pitto was only on the ground for 67% over four quarters

Tom was full of beans at the end of the game and showed no signs of tiring or favouring his injuries.  We were conservative with him, and that's fine, but, with hindsight, he could have played the entire game.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #272
Q1   I50   Acres kicks a grubber, TO straigh back out. First I50 in 8 min

It wasn't funny at the time but the commentator said that Acres lowered his eyes.  They must have been around his ankles  ::)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #273
Played behind the ball and left us a man short in our forward line allowing Brisbane some easy exits ie Zorko in particular.
Dumb move imo..

I think its just another example of poor selections leading to poor match day moves.

Reply #274
It wasn't funny at the time but the commentator said that Acres lowered his eyes.  They must have been around his ankles  ::)

Just one of those nights where everything was off. At least our recent form indicated that we were off the boil. The Doggies went into their EF looking a million bucks, and even they were made to look ordinary.

Reply #275
Off topic a bit -
I’ve actually noticed this finals series that the umpires are now calling the game correctly, and in line with supporters and communities expectation.
So it’s interesting that they actually do know how to call the game.

Reply #276
Off topic a bit -
I’ve actually noticed this finals series that the umpires are now calling the game correctly, and in line with supporters and communities expectation.
So it’s interesting that they actually do know how to call the game.

Apart from Harrys mark which they didn't pay.

Reply #277
Apart from Harrys mark which they didn't pay.

Line ball, K.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #278
Line ball, K.

Line ball? Replay showed he was 100% under it without a doubt.

Memo to umps: If you are unsure, look at what the opposition player does. If they stop and stand the mark, its a mark. If they try and jump on the player, it hit the ground first.

Reply #279
Line ball? Replay showed he was 100% under it without a doubt.

Memo to umps: If you are unsure, look at what the opposition player does. If they stop and stand the mark, its a mark. If they try and jump on the player, it hit the ground first.
But didn't control it enough. K, I'm with you, I agree... but I'm looking at it from the umps POV.

But, really, in the totality of it all, it's a non issue. Ultimately, it would not have mattered whether that mark was paid and he goaled. We were an embarrassment. Confused and bereft of spirit.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #280
But didn't control it enough. K, I'm with you, I agree... but I'm looking at it from the umps POV.

But, really, in the totality of it all, it's a non issue. Ultimately, it would not have mattered whether that mark was paid and he goaled. We were an embarrassment. Confused and bereft of spirit.

Overall it didn't matter, but it was when we had all the momentum and would've continued that. Instead it halted it.

Not sure how you can say he didn't control it.
It never hit the ground. Nobody else touched it. Its a mark.

Reply #281
Docherty is a midfielder and Williams plays as a forward. They actually used O.Hollands down back

Docherty played in defence for most of the game.  If you start on the defensive 50 when there’s 6-6-6, you’re a defender and Docherty was one of our seven defender rotation.

Ollie was an extra behind the ball.  He was nominally a forward but went back into defence after the centre bounces. 

Williams played most of the game as a forward but also spent time in defence.  That may just have been him helping out but it seemed to me that he was playing on a Brisbane forward.

Reply #282
Overall it didn't matter, but it was when we had all the momentum and would've continued that. Instead it halted it.

Not sure how you can say he didn't control it.
It never hit the ground. Nobody else touched it. Its a mark.

Yes, that was a very poor decision.  The umpire guessed that Harry hadn’t taken it cleanly and that is bad umpiring.

Harry probably should have been paid another mark earlier in the game.  He held it until a late spoil and they’re usually paid.

Not that it would have changed the result … but you never know 🤔

Reply #283
Yes, that was a very poor decision.  The umpire guessed that Harry hadn’t taken it cleanly and that is bad umpiring.

Harry probably should have been paid another mark earlier in the game.  He held it until a late spoil and they’re usually paid.

Not that it would have changed the result … but you never know 🤔

they let two holding the balls go in our forward 50 too.  One was a swing and a miss.  The other was a complete dropping the ball.  Play on.

They paid one against us though.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson