Skip to main content
Topic: AFL 2024 Elimination Final 1 Post Game Prognostications Carlton vs Brisbane (Read 6325 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL 2024 Elimination Final 1 Post Game Prognostications Carlton vs Brisbane

Reply #165
Cool story, Moir has a lot of work to do first.
Yep fell into the team due to lack of numbers and didnt really earn it.
Did show a bit though and the talent is there we just need to see some consistency..

Reply #166
Did show a bit though and the talent is there we just need to see some consistency..
Don't let facts get in the way of a good story EB.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #167
Thought it might have been the best game from Lewis Young - or was it just that most of the rest were very poor?

Reply #168
Next game is months away - I am sure he will move up the pecking order in front of the crabs that pose as AFL small pressure forwards

Reply #169

Yep, I was a bit disappointed with his season but he did show some improvement towards the end of the year, keep working with him.
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #170
Thought it might have been the best game from Lewis Young - or was it just that most of the rest were very poor?

Young seems ok until he gets a physical player, then loses it.
Hipwood is a sniper but not a physical player.
I see Young as good enough to play VFL and be that afl backup kpd but we need a starting afl kpd.
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #171
EB do you really think our list is that good that we flip a 60-0 start by changing one or 2 selections. I wish i agreed but we have more issues then MC selections imo. We fans seem to think our problems would be solved by a smarter coach better selection's etc however maybe the list has more holes then we think. We don't have the overall talent to challenge the best teams when it matters.
We fail year in year out mate. We just aren't good enough for long enough.

With a full list and everything going right in regard to form and injury we are a chance to beat Brisbane at Brisbane.      The side that lost to St.Kilda would never have stood a chance.   We rolled the dice on a hail Mary but in all reality, it was never going to happen.

Reply #172
RR...Watch the mark the young Brisbane player Morris took in the first quarter in the pack and Youngs efforts to spoil, he wasnt terrible but Id want my 200cm KP defender showing a bit more malice than he did.
Id be going more with the rest were very poor or to be truthful in some cases non existent, Lachie Cowan wouldnt like the video review of that game much either..

Reply #173
With a full list and everything going right in regard to form and injury we are a chance to beat Brisbane at Brisbane.      The side that lost to St.Kilda would never have stood a chance.   We rolled the dice on a hail Mary but in all reality, it was never going to happen.

Need a few of the younger ones blending in with some of the seniors returning, not so much one side or the other. Only 100% fit sides are going to have the best chance of success. No sure we were winning anyway but might have prevented a 60-0 start.

Reply #174
Cool story, Moir has a lot of work to do first.

Still building. Voss said he was sub twice because he wasn't ready to play a full game. Ability is great but obviously need to work the tank. Made a great sub playing 45 minutes though but can't do that permanently.

Reply #175
I think we could have put up a better effort Shawny with better planning and selection, we were never going to win imho and I totally agree we need more talent but there is no use having extreme talent if your MC and coaching staff are not able to get the basics right which are a picking a fit team and having the majority of them in the right positions.
I want a reset of the list and a cull of players who are not going to take us any further and we need an injection of fresh players to rebuild depth in our weak areas which we all know about.

Yep !!
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #176
Moir might have a lot of work to do to "run out a full game", but about six of his SENIOR  teammates were unable to do so on Sat night, so using his fitness levels as an excuse to not pick him doesn't wash with me Vossy.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #177
If you cant get yourself fired up for final and be ready to run through brick walls from the opening bounce, go and choose another occupation.

Why would you need to find another occupation, when you're already being paid 500-800k to continue in a profession that keeps employing you to show minimal amounts of skill and endeavour week after week.  If a surgeon or a lawyer continued to regularly work from such a low skill base, he would be out of work within 6 months or less.   Only CFC seems to be prepared to allow such mediocrity to continue ad infinitum.  And in doing so are taking their supporter base for fools.

Reply #178
@Lods
I dont agree that the result flattered us, I think we merely fought back. It happens, we could not have possibly played any worse than the first 55 min. I would flip it and say the 60-0 start flattered them. We were truly abhorrent for that first 55 mins. As soon as  we started (albeit too late) applying some pressure and playing contested footy, they started filling their shorts.

Playing Durdin, Motlop and Fantasia was a clear mistake given the lack of output from the first two in that trio in recent weeks.

Those 3 are stocking fillers at best,  and should only be in the team if injuries force them to be used.   Durdin and Motlop both need to be moved on asap (together with all the other dead wood and perpetually injured on this list that should be moved on,  but will get new contracts, to heap more misery on supporters for another year or two plus)

Reply #179
Those 3 are stocking fillers at best,  and should only be in the team if injuries force them to be used.   Durdin and Motlop both need to be moved on asap (together with all the other dead wood and perpetually injured on this list that should be moved on,  but will get new contracts, to heap more misery on supporters for another year or two plus)
I think a fit Durdin has promise, but Fantasia is past it (we did get him cheap though, was worth a shot) and Motlop continues to underwhelm.