Skip to main content
Topic: AFL 2024 Elimination Final 1 Post Game Prognostications Carlton vs Brisbane (Read 6331 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL 2024 Elimination Final 1 Post Game Prognostications Carlton vs Brisbane

Reply #150
Ollie has a decent kick on him and has some toe - needs to play in back half like Max Holmes does.
He reminds me a bit of Kade Simpson. Runs all day. Puts his body on the line. Does the team things.

Simpson had donuts for his first 3 games, Ollie has him covered at the same stage.

Reply #151
He reminds me a bit of Kade Simpson. Runs all day. Puts his body on the line. Does the team things.

Simpson had donuts for his first 3 games, Ollie has him covered at the same stage.
Need him getting more than 10 possies and sticking to his man better, good trier etc but we need to win the wings well and get some run through there.

Reply #152
Need him getting more than 10 possies and sticking to his man better, good trier etc but we need to win the wings well and get some run through there.
Of course, but he is still new/young.

Kade didn't get a touch in year 1.
In year 2 he played another 3 games and got a total of 12 touches.
In year 3 he played 15 games, but averaged just 11 touches.
Year 4 he played 22 games and averaged 19.

.....and managed 300 games after that.

So don't write him off yet.

Reply #153
Of course, but he is still new/young.

Kade didn't get a touch in year 1.
In year 2 he played another 3 games and got a total of 12 touches.
In year 3 he played 15 games, but averaged just 11 touches.
Year 4 he played 22 games and averaged 19.

.....and managed 300 games after that.

So don't write him off yet.
Dont get me wrong I like him and havent written him off but next season Id be trying some other options if we cant get some improvement. Campo kids might push him for a spot especially Ben imho...

Reply #154
We're probably all a bit perplexed about the Kennedy sub-out.

Why Kennedy and not someone else?
I offered the suggestion before about him being a bit exhausted from what must have been a pretty emotional couple of days with both finals and baby on the way.

But maybe it was something else.
Voss was at pains in the press conference to say they had a plan for Zorko..."But we didn't execute it"
Early on was Kennedy matched up on Zorko?

Reply #155
Kennedy looked pretty annoyed on the bench.

Wouldn't be surprised if he looks around this off season.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #156
I think when you have Kennedy, Cripps, Hewett, Cerra, it's a bit same same. I know Kennedy wasn't in the midfield as such, but I can see why he would one reasonable choice, although not the only one.

Reply #157
Yeah it might be as simple as swapping a back up ruck/ forward for a better ruck /forward.

Reply #158
We're probably all a bit perplexed about the Kennedy sub-out.

Why Kennedy and not someone else?
I offered the suggestion before about him being a bit exhausted from what must have been a pretty emotional couple of days with both finals and baby on the way.

But maybe it was something else.
Voss was at pains in the press conference to say they had a plan for Zorko..."But we didn't execute it"
Early on was Kennedy matched up on Zorko?

I offered a suggestion that was 2 fold.
1. It was someone who was playing the same role as TDK would be playing - ruck/forward
2. He just had a kid.

But....if Vossy says its something to do with the plan for Zorko then thats the worst of the 3 options if Kennedy was 'it'.

There was an article during the week on Kennedy and how he has become a spare parts man.
Champion data don't know how to pigeon hole him because his roles are so different.
I can't think of the exact %'s now, but there was a period where he was a mid, a % where he was a back, a % where he was a forward and 5% where he was ruck.
He said he relished the opportunities, albeit its a bit difficult week to week not knowing.

IF he was plan a for Zorko, i'm not surprised he was 5h!tty getting subbed off. Never should've been the plan.

That being said, if any player looked anything other than 5h!tty being subbed off, then they probably don't deserve a spot on the list!

Reply #159
Our lack of some real small forward talent stood out for me. Nowhere near enough real F50 pressure. Our present crop are low contributors in terms of ball winning and goal kicking imo. We need better urgently.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #160
Everyone predicted us to lose, no one predicted Port to get smashed.
I thought we had a more than good chance to win, I didn't think Port would lose. I also thought the Bullies to smack Haw and Sydney to be the Giants (1 out of 4). I also didn't think it would take us 56min to score our first goal.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #161
Our lack of some real small forward talent stood out for me. Nowhere near enough real F50 pressure. Our present crop are low contributors in terms of ball winning and goal kicking imo. We need better urgently.
I the other finals games had small fwds doing damage, ours were a liability.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #162
I the other finals games had small fwds doing damage, ours were a liability.

Yep. In fact small forwards in other finals were influential. What continues to gall me, and many others, is that we knew our small forwards were in ordinary form and selected them anyway... over a few blokes who were in good form.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #163
Seriously don't think Moir will be out of the side much next year