Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Finals 2024 Carlton vs Brisbane in Brisbane (Read 11077 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Finals 2024 Carlton vs Brisbane in Brisbane

Reply #405
Pressure around the ground - manic-like.
Then pressure on the score board.
Should do the trick.  ;)

Reply #406
Dropped? He was the sub. If we did that there'd be blood on here saying we are gifting games. 2E is finished, shouldn't be playing.
he's no where near finished even though hes retiring this year.  Past his best but he's played alright this season but the point I was making is:

That irrespective of where you see them they brought in mannagh and he starred.  Him vs tuohy one has runs on the board the other is a mature age vfl recruit.

That's us playing orazio as sub, and starting cincotta imho (but I'd be leaving durdin out).

Either way I'm anticipating that the 3 emergencies all come in and cerra and tdk don't get up for this one either small durdin also missing.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #407
he's no where near finished even though hes retiring this year.  Past his best but he's played alright this season but the point I was making is:

That irrespective of where you see them they brought in mannagh and he starred.  Him vs tuohy one has runs on the board the other is a mature age vfl recruit.

That's us playing orazio as sub, and starting cincotta imho (but I'd be leaving durdin out).

Either way I'm anticipating that the 3 emergencies all come in and cerra and tdk don't get up for this one either small durdin also missing.
Looks cooked to me
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #408
Looks cooked to me
The bloke is 34, he's closer to the end than the beginning.

In fairness to him, without forgiving the dog act of jogging on past as a team-mate is being pummelled by opponents, he has had a few injuries in 2024.
"Ruck, ruck, ruck, ruck ....... Ruck, ruck, ruck, ruck"

Reply #409
Looked after no 1 at all times that bloke
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #410
Looked after no 1 at all times that bloke
It's the Irish way, see a kid getting knee capped, walk on by, ask no questions, see nothing, look after yourself.

It's the same old theme since nineteen-sixteen!
Dolores O’Riordan
"Ruck, ruck, ruck, ruck ....... Ruck, ruck, ruck, ruck"

Reply #411
Bryce Gibbs started a fight against the bombers on the siren, Mitch Robinson came in to help him and then Bryce left him to deal with 2 or 3 blokes.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #412
Geelong is demonstrating the benefits of a well-performing VFL team with Hawkins, Guthrie and De Koning all running out with their Magoos. Our fringe players and those looking to prove their fitness and form have just got training.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #413
Geelong is demonstrating the benefits of a well-performing VFL team with Hawkins, Guthrie and De Koning all running out with their Magoos. Our fringe players and those looking to prove their fitness and form have just got training.
Its your bottom 6 to 12 that propel you fwd. Need the twos and ones playing finals.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #414
Pressure around the ground - manic-like.
Then pressure on the score board.
Should do the trick.  ;)

Easy to say but hard to replicate. How much hurt is around missing a win in the Preliminary final last year? Playing the same side again that we were leading by 5 goals plus early in the contest. I don’t see us winning this by who runs out on the field. I think it will be about desperation to do whatever it takes to win with attitude. I have no confidence in this game, but I am happy to see that I am wrong. Pick a few players that want to win at any cost. Willing to do what ever it takes. Curnow will be a huge loss. More goals need to come from the midfield players. Their squad have many match winners but they can be hot and cold depending on the pressure applied by direct opponents. Can we apply the heat early and keep it going for 4 quarters? That is the question. Playing away has nothing to do with it. You either need it desperately or you make up the top 8 numbers.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #415
How the f is Cinc out and Orasio stays FMD

Is that for real?
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #416
As is my want and somewhat irritating to some, I look through a psychological lens at our changes for this game and ask myself one simple question... how confident in their bodies to go flat out for 120 minutes will Doc, Williams, Cerra, Fantasia and Gov be? And that is central to my questioning of these changes. We can reasonably assume that Cinc, Lord and Binns would be confident in their bodies to go hard for 120 minutes. But I get the romance of Doc and the idea of going into the game with your biggest names.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #417
Rumour has it that Kennedys partner may give birth shortly and he might be an out.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #418
As is my want and somewhat irritating to some, I look through a psychological lens at our changes for this game and ask myself one simple question... how confident in their bodies to go flat out for 120 minutes will Doc, Williams, Cerra, Fantasia and Gov be? And that is central to my questioning of these changes. We can reasonably assume that Cinc, Lord and Binns would be confident in their bodies to go hard for 120 minutes. But I get the romance of Doc and the idea of going into the game with your biggest names.

Yes the question we are all wondering Baggers, which of those patched up bodies will break down during the game tonight!     

Hard to be confident isn't it.  Will it be a 30 point or more loss or will the guys somehow conjure say a 2 point magic win.?     

Good if Kennedy puts his partner and child first Thry.

Reply #419
Apparently baby born last night (Congratulations) and Kennedy is in Brisbane. ;D