Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Finals 2024 Carlton vs Brisbane in Brisbane (Read 11076 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Finals 2024 Carlton vs Brisbane in Brisbane

Reply #285
Docherty.

So we know he ruptured his acl.  We also know that he played a quarter with it already ruptured.  He didn't go off right away remember?

Where did it tear?  Was hanging on by a thread?  Fully torn right through the middle?  Higher lower?  Closer further from the knee?   The medicos tend to describe a rupture as a full tear but they wouldn't have known until they operated and may have elected to keep that a bit quiet. 

So knowing this what's the recovery and rehab like? 

So if everything goes perfectly, with no post op complications, it is not unreasonable to have full motion back in the knee after 4 to 8 weeks and to be able to resume running in 12 to 16 weeks.  That's about 4 months.  Doch was playing his first game of the season off a full pre season and to quote him was in great condition when it happened.  These days with prp, and stem cell therapy they can accelerate the healing process and using the skinny side of the above guidance its not unreasonable for him to have been back in strength and conditioning training by the end of July being conservative and allowing for 16 weeks. That means he's spent minimum 4 weeks getting miles  in the legs and testing it out.

Given our teams on field fortunes I'd trust him to be in better nick than almost 10 of the players going out this weekend.   The timing of the injury is important.  Jsos did his before pre season. Docherty after he had already done one.  Was probably in really good nick when it happened and won't have the muscle issues the rest have.
Harry in his podcast reckons all the boys thought he was ready to play weeks ago based on the way he was training.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #286
@Thryleon

Doc was back running at the end of May.  His first run back on Princes Park got a fair bit of coverage.

He began non-contact training in early July and has been taking part in full contact training for the last six weeks.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #287
@Thryleon

Doc was back running at the end of May.  His first run back on Princes Park got a fair bit of coverage.

He began non-contact training in early July and has been taking part in full contact training for the last six weeks.

all good djc.  I'm comfortable.  I was trying to show why anyone worried about him is worried about the strength and conditioning of the wrong player.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #288
all good djc.  I'm comfortable.  I was trying to show why anyone worried about him is worried about the strength and conditioning of the wrong player.

Your numbers were convincing Thry but the actual numbers are even more so 🙂

But 🤞 anyway!
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #289
Selection day  ;D

Debate will rage strongly tonight. ::)  :D

You can almost bet though, that the team selected tonight won't be the team that takes the field Saturday, and there will be a late change or two. ;)

Reply #290
Selection day  ;D

Debate will rage strongly tonight. ::)  :D

You can almost bet though, that the team selected tonight won't be the team that takes the field Saturday, and there will be a late change or two. ;)
And a couple of them will be re-injured by half time..

Reply #291
And a couple of them will be re-injured by half time..

Wash your mouth out EB! 😇

Reply #292
Wash your mouth out EB! 😇
Let's hope I'm wrong DJ but too many ins with questions marks doesn't make me comfortable. Strangely I think Sam Docherty will probably see the game out better than most...

Reply #293
Let's hope I'm wrong DJ but too many ins with questions marks doesn't make me comfortable. Strangely I think Sam Docherty will probably see the game out better than most...

I suspect that Doc will be in the best physical condition of all 46 players.

I wonder if the MC has a threshold: Cerra has a 90% chance of completing the game so he’s in.  McGovern has a 75% chance of completing the game so he’s out 🤔

Reply #294
I hope that Harry and Kempy are working on their running patterns and communication.

Reply #295
Brisbane Lions prepare for Lachie Neale to be targeted by Carlton
The Lions are preparing for one of their stars to be targeted in what they expect will be a “fiercely contested” elimination final against Carlton.

Brisbane coach Chris Fagan hopes umpires have their “eyes open” in Saturday night’s AFL elimination final at the Gabba in anticipation of Lions star Lachie Neale being targeted by Carlton.

Two-time Brownlow medallist Neale was closely monitored by Blues midfielder George Hewett at stoppages in Carlton’s one-point Opening Round win over the Lions in March.

The pair traded blows in the third quarter, with Hewett striking first when he hit Neale just under the chin.

The Brisbane captain retaliated with a strike to Hewett’s stomach. The pair were charged by the MRO and were both fined $2500.

Fagan said Neale was used to being a target.

“Lachie cops that out every week,” the Lions coach said.

“He knows it’s coming his way because he’s a champion. Unfortunately, that’s what champions have to put up with.

“Whoever goes to him, if anyone does, whatever they do, they do, and hopefully the umpires have got their eyes open and notice a few things as well.”

Fagan predicted a “fiercely contested” do-or-die battle against a Carlton side that had to rely on Fremantle losing the final game of the regular season to secure eighth spot after being beaten earlier that same day by St Kilda.

“They would be buoyed by the fact that they thought they lost their finals opportunity potentially and then suddenly they had it back, so that’ll give them lift,” he said.

“We know that they’re going to jump out of the blocks and come hard at us, but we’re preparing to come out of the blocks equally as hard.

“We’ll renew acquaintances on Saturday night when the siren goes and see what happens after two or three hours of pretty fiercely contested footy, I would imagine.”

2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #296
Of course Fagan won’t have instructed his players to target our blokes 🙄

Reply #297
Sounds like Charlie is pretty doubtful.

Reply #298
Sounds like Charlie is pretty doubtful.

Give him another week and he'll be good to go in next week's semi.

Reply #299
Give him another week and he'll be good to go in next week's semi.

If we win against the Lions and progress to the next final. Need to get over this hurdle first. Not too confident in this game.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.