Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Finals 2024 Carlton vs Brisbane in Brisbane (Read 11027 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Finals 2024 Carlton vs Brisbane in Brisbane

Reply #255
Right now, I have faith the MC will pick the side that will give us the best chance of winning and they will have reasons and data to back the selections (they we simply aren't privy to). Of course after the fact (ie hindsight) it wont stop us from professing to have known better.

A lot of us know better already, we're just keeping it secret...

Reply #256
I hope you're right, but my faith in the MC has been sorely tested to the point where I don't have much left
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #257
I hope you're right, but my faith in the MC has been sorely tested to the point where I don't have much left
Thats my point Prof, our faith is tested but its on face value without knowing all the facts and data the MC have in front them.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #258
Thats my point Prof, our faith is tested but its on face value without knowing all the facts and data the MC have in front them.

If we lose, the MC got in wrong.  If we win, the MC got it wrong because we should have won by more ... and that's despite the MC knowing just a tad more about the players' fitness, durability, likely match ups, etc.

According to SEN, McKay, Curnow, De Koning, Martin, Williams, McGovern, Cerra and Docherty all went full bore at yesterday's match sim and should all be available for selection.  A conundrum for the MC, but a good one to have.

“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #259

They played Charlie Curnow who was in doubt the whole week  against Hawthorn and he could barely move before his ankle completely gave way.
They clearly made a mistake there.

2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #260
They played Charlie Curnow who was in doubt the whole week  against Hawthorn and he could barely move before his ankle completely gave way.
They clearly made a mistake there.
Was it a "clearly" a mistake or a gamble that didn't come off? I's sure he would have said he was right to go and they trusted his judgement. Dont always get things right sure but they must go on best info available.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #261
If we lose, the MC got in wrong.  If we win, the MC got it wrong because we should have won by more ... and that's despite the MC knowing just a tad more about the players' fitness, durability, likely match ups, etc.

According to SEN, McKay, Curnow, De Koning, Martin, Williams, McGovern, Cerra and Docherty all went full bore at yesterday's match sim and should all be available for selection.  A conundrum for the MC, but a good one to have.

Yes, mixed reports about Charlie that's all. Some say def in, some say def out. Might be named and will be given until just before the  warm up I reckon.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #262
Yes, mixed reports about Charlie that's all. Some say def in, some say def out. Might be named and will be given until just before the  warm up I reckon.

Charlie was named for the St Kilda game.  Unless that was pure ducks and drakes, he shouldn't have been far off then.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #263
Charlie is an easy one. He's either good or not.

Cerra and Martin can train the house down but they can't be trusted.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #264
I'll see who they pick first before I pass judgement but there have been more than a few games over the journey where we have lost the game at the selection table. We have all seen a lot of finals lost playing injured players or lacking match fitness and for some reason this game seems to have a certain amount of desperation attached to it. Win lose or draw Im giving Voss a pass for this year given our injury toll but Im not sure the media or man in the street are thinking same.

Reply #265
If Doc is selected and played, he would surely struggle with match fitness. I hope we don’t break him.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #266
If Doc is selected and played, he would surely struggle with match fitness. I hope we don’t break him.

I was thinking along the same lines Mantis but Doc is always meticulous with his preparation and is probably one of our fittest players … and he won’t have the niggles that most players will have now.

What does concern me is whether he can adapt to the pace and pressure of the game.  I guess he’s always coped when returning after long periods out of the game.

Fingers crossed for him 🤞

Reply #267
I was thinking along the same lines Mantis but Doc is always meticulous with his preparation and is probably one of our fittest players … and he won’t have the niggles that most players will have now.

He has been called in to fulfill a specific role.......what that role is, is the $1m question!

Reply #268
Come on Boys become Carlton Football Club Immortals
Go Blues.
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #269
i got a plan harry /charlie play as the dummies ,we go straight to kemp