Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 24 2024 Post Game Prognostications Carlton vs St, Kilda (Read 4784 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 24 2024 Post Game Prognostications Carlton vs St, Kilda

Reply #75
Young wasn't too bad today, but his decision making is not good. We need to find another tall defender, as we can't relay on Young when the pressure is on.
Weitering was Weitering. He is one of the best in the business, but he isn't quick.
Our small defenders will probably have to carry the can for the loss: St Kilda small forwards got goals that ultimately won the game. However, I thought our small defenders were pretty good. Saad did some great things. Newman was close to BOG: he got leather poisoning. Cowan wasn't bad either.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #76
The “girl umpire” was the replacement… the male umpire that was struck by the plastic water bottle went off and stayed off.

I wrote goal. Auto correct.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #77
Young wasn't too bad today, but his decision making is not good. We need to find another tall defender, as we can't relay on Young when the pressure is on.
Weitering was Weitering. He is one of the best in the business, but he isn't quick.
Our small defenders will probably have to carry the can for the loss: St Kilda small forwards got goals that ultimately won the game. However, I thought our small defenders were pretty good. Saad did some great things. Newman was close to BOG: he got leather poisoning. Cowan wasn't bad either.
Acres and Hollands weren't bad, but we have to develop enough negative from them to close down their opponents.
And I missed mentioning Cincotta, who I thought did a great job.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #78
Freo will finish over the top IMO
Hoping Port can hang on but Freo at home with the crowd willing them on you would think should be able to get it done unfortunately.
Cant warm to Justin Longmuir so apart from us needing to win,  Freo losing might go some of the way to ease the pain of losing to Stkilda, still cant believe we lost today ...

Reply #79
If we are going to win a flag with this list i think we have more to gain by missing the  finals this year let the pain burn deep again and learn from another wasted year.

Not much to gain by making it by waiting for others to lose. Winners make it on their own.

We are decimated and on our knees injury wise therefore we are not going to get past week 1 of the finals.
More to gain to miss imo then sneak in and be kicked out.
I want this to burn the group bad.

Reply #80
Our small forwards just frustrate the beejesus out of me.  Moir has a future, so play him. He looks like an AFL level forward.
 Don't waste time on craptrucks that can't do their role.  Motlop would want to rock up day one of PS in sparkling condition because he should be on notice.  No passengers.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #81
If we are going to win a flag with this list i think we have more to gain by missing the  finals this year let the pain burn deep again and learn from another wasted year.

Not much to gain by making it by waiting for others to lose. Winners make it on their own.

We are decimated and on our knees injury wise therefore we are not going to get past week 1 of the finals.
More to gain to miss imo then sneak in and be kicked out.
I want this to burn the group bad.
Even if we fall into the finals which it looks like we will I dont expect us to progress too far and Id expect a busy trade period.

Reply #82
WOOOHOOO!!

Reply #83
H, Charlie, TDK, Cerra, Zac, Martin, Gov, Doc to come back in?

Reply #84
Even if we fall into the finals which it looks like we will I dont expect us to progress too far and Id expect a busy trade period.
We're in, thanks Port.

With a few back we will be dangerous. Sydney were awful for a while but come good. Some important one back, not all as these kids did nothing short of a brilliant job. Gabba is no fortress this year. Don't care where we play them.

Reply #85
No way to half that list, lost all trust.  Reward those who put in when times were tough, no passengers.

Reply #86
I haven't started up a thread for the finals yet, as I have no idea if we'll make it. Port now ahead of Freo, who are even more disappointing than we are.  I won't start up a thread until the result is known.

Rack one up now Crash !!
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #87
No way to half that list, lost all trust.  Reward those who put in when times were tough, no passengers.
Agree...Id go with 100% fit players only and keep some of the kids who have come in and tried very hard like Lord and Binns in particular.

Reply #88
100%.  The kids ain't our problem.

Reply #89
Nothing matters, it is all about the future.