Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 24 2024 Post Game Prognostications Carlton vs St, Kilda (Read 4785 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 24 2024 Post Game Prognostications Carlton vs St, Kilda

Reply #30
Frigging Kemp!
he's the soft target.  Durdin, acres, Kennedy.  All missed Joe the goose set shots.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #31
FFS, can the AFL and the umpires lock themselves in a room and watch that game and analyse the 'holding the ball' rule.
We need to educate our fan base, we spend all the time booing in unison and don't call the frees, we need a smarter crowd that calls "ball" or "throw" instead of booing, booing does nothing.

At least we made BT, SOS and Ross The Boss happy, an yearly Christmas present for them if Freo get up, they are on at the moment and Port look to have packed up.
"Ruck, ruck, ruck, ruck ....... Ruck, ruck, ruck, ruck"

Reply #32
He was consistently scragged for the entire game by 2-3 opponents / don’t think we can blame him. Many others did a whole bucket of f*ck all.
Missed from 20m with 2 odd minutes on the clock. No one should miss from there.

Reply #33
We need to educate our fan base, we spend all the time booing in unison and don't call the frees, we need a smarter crowd that calls "ball" or "throw" instead of booing, booing does nothing.

At least we made BT, SOS and Ross The Boss happy, an yearly Christmas present for them if Freo get up, they are on at the moment and Port look to have packed up.

Or.....

The AFL could get the decisions right.

Reply #34
he's the soft target.  Durdin, acres, Kennedy.  All missed Joe the goose set shots.
Saints missed some sitters too, we let them kick some goals that were too easy and if it comes down to one player having to kick a goal to win it means you should never really have to put yourself in that position.
Effort wasnt bad today it was just the injury toll , some weird umpiring and frustrating Stkilda gamestyle that proved too much.

Reply #35
Missed from 20m with 2 odd minutes on the clock. No one should miss from there.

Kernahan kicked it out on the full with scores level.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #36
150% effort in the front half 50% class

Reply #37
More disposals than the Saints but 44% efficiency inside 50...we have too many player's who rack up big stats outside 50 but do nothing with the ball delivering inside 50. That was about the only stat other than the hitouts we were poor at...
We need mids who can use the ball better rather than just collecting useless possessions.

Reply #38
Positives - 2025 draw will be the same as Sydney and Geelongs this season if Freo win

Reply #39
What type of selection decisions does one require when half the list (19 players) are on the injury list.

Moir should have been in the run-on team, not the sub !!

And that bullcrap naming of Curnow, who were they trying to kid ??
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #40
Ironic that Paddy Dow stuck it up us.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #41
My kids were complaining how boring the game was and how the atmosphere felt sucked out / thank Christ we didn’t get that knob, I cannot stand him.

The umpiring is a complete joke and a lottery as to who gets what and when!
Glad I didnt go, those losses are heartbreakers for kids to have to sit through and I have given up on the umpiring, its out of control in terms of consistency and the AFL dont know what to do to simplify the game to make it easy to umpire, more rules, more grey areas, leading to more confusion is their solution.

Reply #42
Glad I didnt go, those losses are heartbreakers for kids to have to sit through and I have given up on the umpiring, its out of control in terms of consistency and the AFL dont know what to do to simplify the game to make it easy to umpire, more rules, more grey areas, leading to more confusion is their solution.

I've got an idea......  :-X

Reply #43
I missed that as i was driving home from a birthday at the time, but heard it on the radio.

What happened to the umpire, did they go off?
I noticed a female ump, i'm assuming it wasn't her who got hit.

Someone at the Carlton cheers quad end threw a water bottle and hit the girl umpire in the head. Can't recall any controversial decisions.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #44
More disposals than the Saints but 44% efficiency inside 50...we have too many player's who rack up big stats outside 50 but do nothing with the ball delivering inside 50. That was about the only stat other than the hitouts we were poor at...
We need mids who can use the ball better rather than just collecting useless possessions.
Our Mids are OK, but we need one or two serious ball users when entering F50. We'll get improvement from OH, and I wonder about Lord and Binns what they can do, I'm not expecting much improvement from the older heads but they are the grunt.

Some will claim we won the stoppages and clearances, but the bulk of them are meaningless because it's often a kick to nobody or a turnover on our HF line.
"Ruck, ruck, ruck, ruck ....... Ruck, ruck, ruck, ruck"