Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 22 2024 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Hawthorn  (Read 6284 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 22 2024 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Hawthorn

Reply #45
Fair enough.
I'd be considering Cowan, who was emergency last weekend. Carroll did OK, but his opponent was BOG.

Agree i prefer to keep getting games into Cowan. I see a long future for this kid.

Reply #46
I would think that Williams and Kennedy will go into the starting 22, with Carroll the likely sub.

Reply #47
Nic Newman's 100th game as a Blue. Hopefully we can rise to the occasion. We don't have a good record in milestone matches in recent years. Back in the day, we NEVER lost a milestone game.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #48
Nic Newman's 100th game as a Blue. Hopefully we can rise to the occasion. We don't have a good record in milestone matches in recent years. Back in the day, we NEVER lost a milestone game.

There is going to be 50 Carlton legends forming a guard of honour before the match. Time for us to stand up.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #49
There is going to be 50 Carlton legends forming a guard of honour before the match. Time for us to stand up.

Maybe we could 'low key' swap jumpers and get an extra key defender out there to help us out.

Reply #50
Another game we ‘should’ comfortably win yet they seem to have leap frogged us which is a mystery in itself as we should be years ahead of this mob.

not sure they have gone past us.  they are playing well, but they are also playing breakneck, surge forward at all costs, attack-attack-attack footy.  not sure its a recipe for long term success

Reply #51
Given their small forwards, I can see Cowan coming into the side as a lock down defender on one of them. Saad, Newman and Boyd tend to be more rebounding/running defenders.....Cowan might get the gig on Ginnivan.

Reply #52
I read an article a few weeks ago where Ginnivan stated he has a certain license to roam, and that Mitchell does not play a rigid system like McRae. Ginnivan IMO is emerging as a legitimate footballer, after being essentially a circus sideshow act at the Pies. I think Cowan would be in for a tough day if he had that match up.

For those interested :

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2024/05/27/ginnivan-loving-life-at-hawthorn-after-admitting-it-was-very-hard-to-be-a/

Reply #53

In: L.Cowan, J.Binns, Z.Williams, J.Carroll, Le.Young
Out: A.Cerra (hamstring), M.Cottrell (shoulder)

Last week's sub: Matthew Kennedy

Reply #54
Interchange bench (+sub) to come from.....

[39] Alex Cincotta
[25] Jaxon Binns
[6] Zac Williams
[16] Jack Carroll
[37] Jordan Boyd
[44] Matthew Owies
[33] Lewis Young
[7] Matthew Kennedy

I'd have...
Cincotta, Williams, Owies, Kennedy with Boyd the sub.

emg Young, Carroll and Binns.

Reply #55
Interchange bench (+sub) to come from.....

[39] Alex Cincotta
[25] Jaxon Binns
[6] Zac Williams
[16] Jack Carroll
[37] Jordan Boyd
[44] Matthew Owies
[33] Lewis Young
[7] Matthew Kennedy

I'd have...
Cincotta, Williams, Owies, Kennedy with Boyd the sub.

emg Young, Carroll and Binns.
Given they have small forwards Moore, Ginnivan and Bruest I reckon Boyd might start, Kennedy for me as sub unless Williams doesnt play.

Reply #56
Given they have small forwards Moore, Ginnivan and Bruest I reckon Boyd might start, Kennedy for me as sub unless Williams doesnt play.
Yeah, i get that, but i think we need Kennedy as a 'tall' option.
Boyd hasn't done anything wrong, but Cowan comes straight into the side, and we also have Cincotta there as well, so the MC is telling us something IMO.

Reply #57
The players we have selected this week are all we have left. Eight players who I consider should be part of the selection discussion are out through injury and only a couple are likely to be back this season. I believe we have a very good list and the fact we are able to put a half decent team on the park is testament to this. We should win this week but we should have won over the past five weeks. Need to turn up and play four quarters.

Reply #58
Yeah, i get that, but i think we need Kennedy as a 'tall' option.
Boyd hasn't done anything wrong, but Cowan comes straight into the side, and we also have Cincotta there as well, so the MC is telling us something IMO.
Im not a fan of Kennedy as sub and want him in the 22 every week but the coaching staff dont seem to agree and thats the reason I think he might get the job again especially given the Hawks are very quick.

Reply #59
Im not a fan of Kennedy as sub and want him in the 22 every week but the coaching staff dont seem to agree and thats the reason I think he might get the job again especially give the Hawks are very quick.

I agree with you.
Thats why i've got him in the side.
If they don't pick him, i don't want him as the sub.