Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 21 2024 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Collingwood (Read 5604 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 21 2024 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Collingwood

Reply #15
Hope you are not pinning your hopes of a premiership on first year players?
David Glascott and Scott Camporeale started their careers with premiership seasons, not pinning my hopes on the Campo kids or any other first years but sometimes those young players can give you a lift and energy burst.

Reply #16
Any chance Pendlebury can catch a minor dose of the sniffles, or break a nail, and save his 400th for the week after ?

Reply #17
We looked tired and stale in 2H against Port. Hopefully we can get back our spark this week, otherwise this could be another step backwards for us.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #18
Nick (the Dick) Daicos had 18 disposals and 7 score involvements in the first quarter against Richmond.. :o
Might need a minder ;)

Reply #19
A comfortable win today, plus a capacity crowd cheering on the most popular and arguably best Collingwood player in history, will give them plenty of energy and confidence IMO.

Reply #20
If the Collingwood players are shown highlights of our game it will give them all the energy and confidence they need to thump us.

Reply #21
Or we could watch their last month and see what falls out next week.

They're playing the worst Richmond side since the year 2008 odd, and that one had a bit more promise about it.  They aren't crap, but I wouldn't be inferring too much.  We've had a pretty primary month ourselves but form can turn pretty fast.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #22
David Glascott and Scott Camporeale started their careers with premiership seasons, not pinning my hopes on the Campo kids or any other first years but sometimes those young players can give you a lift and energy burst.
Hence would mind Binns coming in.

Reply #23
We'd have a few coming back I'd say. Harry, Acres, Boyd and i'm thinking Martin might return. Like to see Binns in too.

Reply #24
Would've been nice if Richmond upped the physicality and gave the Pies a few tired and sore bodies. Sadly no.

I have a bad feeling about this game.

Reply #25
With the heavy legs we had 7 blokes who played who missed a significant chunk of the year. Remember that screwing our season back in 2000. They come back but we got run over in the first final after having a big lead killing any chance of a flag. OK when fresh but after a few weeks it catches up. Then you just hope than they come out the other side, much like the Hawks in 2014. All year one strength was the ability to blow sides away, physically and on the scoreboard, in last qtrs. Now we can't come up after one good qtr. Against Geelong, when we crushed them, we just had a couple.

Reply #26
Would've been nice if Richmond upped the physicality and gave the Pies a few tired and sore bodies. Sadly no.

I have a bad feeling about this game.

We'll have the extra 2 days break compared to them.....after having 2 days less last week (work that out!  :roll  )

May be a blessing.

Reply #27
I'll give us one last chance, they are travelling about as well as us and are down on numbers being forced to play kids. They wont be playing finals and shouldnt have the motivation we should have and I expect a response from Voss and the playing group.
Blues by 35 points....

Love your optimism EB but I dont have any. Our recent form has been abhorrent, reminiscent of the old Carlton which I thought we     had well and truly moved away from. We cant beat an egg at the minutes, They wont miss finals, Ill bet there run starts this week against us. As we slide down. I can see the filth replacing us in the 8. Us in 4th down to 7th are on 48pts. As usual, we have put ourselves in a position where every remaining game is a mini elim final. Its backs aganst the wall stuff…again! We should have had 2nd spot stiched up, instead…
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #28
Hopefully we get Harry and Blacres back. Fogs and Mots need to do better.

Reply #29
Hopefully we get Harry and Blacres back. Fogs and Mots need to do better.

Always gotta blame the small forwards after every loss.

2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!