Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 21 2024 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Collingwood (Read 5313 times) previous topic - next topic

AFL Rd 21 2024 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Collingwood

A Saturday night game for us at the MCG. Collingwood's hone game, for what it is worth.
Lots of tickets sold: not easy to get seats.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: AFL Rd 21 2024 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Collingwood

Reply #1
Collingwood would have to play pretty poorly this weekend not to start favourites against us next Saturday. We were very ordinary tonight.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #2
If Collingwood win against the Tigers and find some confidence they will beat us without too much effort. We struggle to beat them when we are in the best of form. Our ins vs outs make no difference. We are behind the 8 ball in this game. 4 goals Collingwoods way as a result. I hope it isn’t more which it could be.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #3
We should run them straight back into form.
Filth by 24
https://tenor.com/view/wheels-fall-off-f1-formula-one-gif-12823690
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #4
I'll give us one last chance, they are travelling about as well as us and are down on numbers being forced to play kids. They wont be playing finals and shouldnt have the motivation we should have and I expect a response from Voss and the playing group.
Blues by 35 points....

Reply #5
The emotional reaction is season over.  We'll account for the pies next week but my bigger worry is hawthorn the following week.  After that west coast and St kilda. 

Port play freo in freo, Melbourne, and they have another tough outing against Adelaide which is always a 50 50 so they're equal second but have a bit to do. 

I'm not concerned.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #6
Losing this one is not an option.

Reply #7
Our biggest issue with wins/losses from here lies in the ladder, and not simply position, but the teams around us.

Sydney have top spot. Someone will have to travel to Sydney in week 1, they'll win and have the bye in week 2 and will host week 3 as well.
Currently we are 2nd.
3rd-6th are all interstate teams  (currenty - Port, Freo, Brisbane, GWS) and they will host 2 games at a minimum, possibly all 3.

7th is Geelong which has the option of hosting games down at KP.

There may not be a game at the MCG in week 1 of finals unless we get up 2nd, or fall to 5th.

We need to win games like this to avoid travelling interstate in the finals.

Reply #8
It's "Snap out of it" time.
It's a "must win" or "goodnight nurse".

Games against Collingwood are never predictable, even when the ladder position suggests they should be.
Both teams will be up for it, and a big crowd will be expected.
Any complacency we might have had should be squeezed right out of us by now.
We just cannot afford to lose.
I don't think we will.

Reply #9
We won't lose again all season and will win the flag.

Our next 4 games are very winnable.  I recommend checking out everyone's run home, only Geelong have it east and Sydney with their advantage.

Paul Hewson

Reply #10
It we lose this i lose all faith.
Their season is done and we were talking top 2 finish before last nights loss.
We owe this mob so much over the last few years in particular - can you imagine the talk if they beat us with nothing to play for.

It just cant happen.

We will win this.

Reply #11
We won't lose again all season and will win the flag.

Our next 4 games are very winnable.  I recommend checking out everyone's run home, only Geelong have it east and Sydney with their advantage.
Problem is two of our easy hames are Collingwood on Pendlebury's 400th and Hawthorn. St.Kilda is never easy at the best of times either.

Reply #12
Problem is two of our easy hames are Collingwood on Pendlebury's 400th and Hawthorn. St.Kilda is never easy at the best of times either.
they'll have the queue in the rack by the end.  Hawthorn won't maintain their rage.   They've been plucky but by the time we face them their season will be over.

Paul Hewson

Reply #13
Our biggest issue with wins/losses from here lies in the ladder, and not simply position, but the teams around us.

Sydney have top spot. Someone will have to travel to Sydney in week 1, they'll win and have the bye in week 2 and will host week 3 as well.
Currently we are 2nd.
3rd-6th are all interstate teams  (currenty - Port, Freo, Brisbane, GWS) and they will host 2 games at a minimum, possibly all 3.

7th is Geelong which has the option of hosting games down at KP.

There may not be a game at the MCG in week 1 of finals unless we get up 2nd, or fall to 5th.

We need to win games like this to avoid travelling interstate in the finals.
Agree.....dont want to miss top two and end up having to play the Swans or Lions interstate because thats just too hard in the finals especially with banged up key players.
Imo the Swans are clear favourites unless they get massive injuries to their key players, have been the best team and have a terrific home ground advantage and recruited to win a premiership this season with Grundy and Adams. We are not the finished product and need more tinkering with list and some fresh kids like the Campos to give us a spark and some energy next season.

Reply #14
Agree.....dont want to miss top two and end up having to play the Swans or Lions interstate because thats just too hard in the finals especially with banged up key players.
Imo the Swans are clear favourites unless they get massive injuries to their key players, have been the best team and have a terrific home ground advantage and recruited to win a premiership this season with Grundy and Adams. We are not the finished product and need more tinkering with list and some fresh kids like the Campos to give us a spark and some energy next season.
Hope you are not pinning your hopes of a premiership on first year players?
2024... Moir of the same to come