Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 21 2024 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Collingwood (Read 5522 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 21 2024 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Collingwood

Reply #90
Our line-up:

B:  [37] Jordan Boyd,  [23] Jacob Weitering,  [42] Adam Saad
HB:  [17] Brodie Kemp,  [11] Mitch McGovern,  [24] Nic Newman
C:  [13] Blake Acres,  [9] Patrick Cripps,  [46] Matthew Cottrell
HF:  [20] Elijah Hollands,  [10] Harry McKay,  [21] Jack Martin
F:  [8] Lachie Fogarty,  [30] Charlie Curnow,  [3] Jesse Motlop
R: [27] Marc Pittonet,  [18] Sam Walsh,  [5] Adam Cerra
Int: [39] Alex Cincotta,  [29] George Hewett,  [4] Oliver Hollands,  [44] Matthew Owies,  [7] Matthew Kennedy

Em:  [2] Lachlan Cowan,  [16] Jack Carroll,  [33] Lewis Young

Now, if only we were actually in some sort of form ...
[1] We need to work on our ruck issues. Cameron has developed into a very good ruckman and will be hard to negate. Pitto is just not playing that well at the moment.
2nd ruck is a big problem too. H is the obvious one, but he isn't that good. It is a problem that we don't really have a solution to as yet.
[2] Cottrell, Cerra and Fogarty are far from their best at the moment. Ollie Hollands and Matt Owies are also struggling. We really need them to stand up.
[3] Cowan is a bit stiff to be out. I like the way he plays.
[4] Martin hasn't shown much yet. I hope he comes up.
[5] We need to squash the Daicos boys. Cincotta is just one man.
[6] Who do we play on Cox? Maybe Weitering? McGovern for McStay?
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #92
McStay doesnt fit with their system imo and Mihocek is a big loss.
Schultz has been a fail
Long is a ordinary player who Hawks flicked.
Bytel...see Long
Noble...good footballer
DeGoey wont be fit and might be a last minute out

I think we have them well covered and Martin might have a good impact like he usually does first up after injury and we deserve to strong favourites...

McStay fitted in pretty well last round.  He and Cox could make life very difficult for our defence.

I think that the Pies would be disappointed with Schultz but he seems to save his best footy for us, as do a few of his teammates.  Their confidence will be up after having their way with the Tigers and I suspect that we’ll be in for a tough night.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #93
McStay fitted in pretty well last round.  He and Cox could make life very difficult for our defence.

I think that the Pies would be disappointed with Schultz but he seems to save his best footy for us, as do a few of his teammates.  Their confidence will be up after having their way with the Tigers and I suspect that we’ll be in for a tough night.
McStay was a good out for Collingwood in the premiership season and when he came into the team late was when they lost games. He doesnt do what Mihocek does in terms of creating goals for his smaller teammates and being that team focussed FF who sacrifices his own game and if Weitering picks him up he wont get near it imho.
Cox with his size and our lack of it down back will cause problems for sure if the supply is decent but its going to be our mids and forwards who are going to have to be better and stop that rebound slingshot game so our backs can at least have the time to cover their man.
Not sure the Tigers are a great form guide but I expect Collingwood to lift for Pendlebury who will be probably go down in history as the greatest Pie player but I still expect to win comfortably and reestablish us as a contender.

Reply #94
If we play to our capabilities we'll win this week.
agree Thry but would could say that every week. They’ll have us covered in the Ruck so our mids will need to read Cameron and get busy.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #95
I wonder if someone (hopefully) realises that Cinc is potentially more than just a run-with. I'd have him as an inside-mid with Crippa, Walsh and Pitto. He can do most of what Georgey H can do, except he's faster. Having someone quick over the grass close in (and minding a designated other mid) gives us some clearance speed from ball-ups/throw-ns who's also more than capable of strong defensive pressure. Plus his smarts and abilities to get the aggott out to the outside mids (Cerra/Blacres/Cotters etc.) is more than valuable. He's already shown his goal smarts when hovering around ball-ups/ball-ins up forward.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #96
can we play 4 Q,we need to hit targets wen going intof50 and smalls to bring pressure IF WE DONT game over ferals start there attack from defence eg how many times have we seen teams quick ball movement into there open fwd line for easy goals ( Elliot on the lead)  for example

Reply #97
There are comments going around on various social media sites, that all supporters in attendance tomorrow should stand up and clap at the 10 minute mark of the first quarter in acknowledgement of Pendlebury and many Carlton supporters are agreeing that they will. Now, win, lose or draw I'm happy to applaud him at the end of the game...... but not mid match in the heat of battle.

Reply #98
That is a ridiculous idea.
 If we have momentum the last thing our players would need would be that distraction.
By all means at the end of the game...but mid quarter. ::)

Reply #99
Like if it was Cripps they would clap? No chance.

2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #100
Whilst the significance of the 10 is obvious, it seems a rather strange idea. Clapping and cheering (or conversely, booing) is tied to the ebb and flow of the game, the hero / villain trope etc. Not much point in cheering Pendles at the 10 minute mark if one of our boys is having a shot for goal.

The Footy Gods should arrange for a win/win. He gets 30 touches, 3 goals and BOG, and we get the 4 points.

Reply #101
Michael Voss has an idea about the best way to show Pendlebury respect. ;)

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1185263/carlton-blues-keen-to-bring-our-absolute-best-in-scott-pendlebury-400th?fbclid=IwY2xjawEZVThleHRuA2FlbQIxMQABHelbAA-IQkZKL-ju9JyoCa7WxDsEu6BhLSCmzudWi66n4GXhMObKnicWZA_aem_bBd7whn_UF6wQcoY5UA9bQ

"Even when you're an opposition coach you can stop for a moment and admire great players in our game and he's certainly been that for the game as well as for the Collingwood Football Club," Voss, who played for Brisbane in Pendlebury's first game back in 2006, said.

"And I guess the best way we can pay our respects is making sure we bring our absolute best version.

Reply #102
I wouldnt be doing anything to assist Collingwood or Pendlebury and making it as tough as I could for the 400 man to get a kick.
Reality is if he has a good game we will be in danger of losing as it will inspire all his teammates too and Im already sick and tired of hearing about Pendles and his milestone game and showing him respect would be low on my priority list as Im sure it would be for Collingwood fans if the situation was reversed and it was Cripps, Weitering etc  playing 400.

Reply #103
Would distract Rottingwood players every bit as much as ours!
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #104
There are comments going around on various social media sites, that all supporters in attendance tomorrow should stand up and clap at the 10 minute mark of the first quarter in acknowledgement of Pendlebury and many Carlton supporters are agreeing that they will. Now, win, lose or draw I'm happy to applaud him at the end of the game...... but not mid match in the heat of battle.

This happened before, but i can't for te life of me remeber for who or why.

I remember BT banging on about like he worked out what it was for, even though every man and his dog knew about it in advance,