[ 9 ] (4.1%)
45 - Alex Mirkov
[ 0 ] (0%)
46 - Matt Cottrell
[ 9 ] (4.1%)
*36 - Cooper Lord - MSD pickup
[ 0 ] (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Topic: Pick your best 22 of 2024 - PART 5 - 5 games to go (Read 784 times) previous topic - next topic

Pick your best 22 of 2024 - PART 5 - 5 games to go

OK guys and girls.
Its that time again to get some more data on who is our best 22 players.

As always, assume everyone is fit except for Silvagni+Docherty who are out for the year with knees.

Pick your best team...use this to help with positions.
http://jimmae.epizy.com/teamboard.html?i=3

Re: Pick your best 22 of 2024 - PART 5 - 5 games to go

Reply #1
My side, with changes from Part 4.....

In: Motlop Kennedy
Out: Martin Fogarty

FB - Newman - Weitering - Boyd
HB - McGovern - Kemp - Saad
C - Acres - Cripps - O.Hollands
HF - Williams - McKay - E. Hollands
FF - Motlop - Curnow - Owies
R - De Koning - Hewett - Cerra
Int - Walsh - Kennedy - Cincotta - Cottrell

Cottrell lucky to keep his gig in front of Fogarty as it was a toss of the coin.
Motlop gets the small forward spot in place of Martin (who would be my sub)
Kennedy comes in thanks to his versatility as a big mid/3rd tall/backup ruck.

Reply #2
HF - Fogarty - McKay - E. Hollands
FF - Williams - Curnow - Owies
Sub: Motlop

I have Fogarty ahead of Motlop because he is better defensively and O. Hollands is a borderline selection, like his effort and enthusiasm but he is error prone and playing him on
high quality wingman is risky imo but we need youth coming through so he gets the nod this time and I was probably influenced by his game vs Nth where he tried very hard unlike a few of his teammates.
Motlop as sub over Martin because Martin is too unreliable physically and not the future.

Reply #3
For me the most interest now sits in D50, the other zones have list depth and there is potentially more than one functional solution even with an injury or two, but our D50 remains problematic because of the lack of depth in several areas.

At the moment, Weiters, McGovern and Saad are effectively irreplaceable.
"Ruck, ruck, ruck, ruck ....... Ruck, ruck, ruck, ruck"

Reply #4
HF - Fogarty - McKay - E. Hollands
FF - Williams - Curnow - Owies
Sub: Motlop

I have Fogarty ahead of Motlop because he is better defensively and O. Hollands is a borderline selection, like his effort and enthusiasm but he is error prone and playing him on
high quality wingman is risky imo but we need youth coming through so he gets the nod this time and I was probably influenced by his game vs Nth where he tried very hard unlike a few of his teammates.
Motlop as sub over Martin because Martin is too unreliable physically and not the future.
My squad is largely the same, although I'd have Cowan as the sub because I think he covers more options than Motlop.

I thought selecting Motlop forced us to use Cerra and Kennedy in D50 and that was a fail, going to be interesting to see what we do when Williams gets fit.

Reply #5
My squad is largely the same, although I'd have Cowan as the sub because I think he covers more options than Motlop.

I thought selecting Motlop forced us to use Cerra and Kennedy in D50 and that was a fail.
I was 50/50 on Boyd and Cowan but went with Boyd as he combines well with Saad and having two genuine small defenders is handy vs teams who have good small forwards and we often struggle with those players.
Motlop over Cowan as sub only because he is a goalkicker and can kick a few quickly and be more of a game changer.

Reply #6
I was 50/50 on Boyd and Cowan but went with Boyd as he combines well with Saad and having two genuine small defenders is handy vs teams who have good small forwards and we often struggle with those players.
Motlop over Cowan as sub only because he is a goalkicker and can kick a few quickly and be more of a game changer.
When I look at that squad, I see Cerra, Kennedy, Acres and Cottrell who are all more than useful in F50, and between them they are options for an injured Fogarty, Williams or Owies. Tough on Motlop I know.

I was torn about Cowan in or out, but in that team there is no full functional replacement for Saad or Boyd, which is part of our D50 issues, but at least Cowan can partially cover one of them. So I was swayed to go with Cowan.

I suppose it's the difference between picking a best and the team you'd pick to match up certain opponents. When we start considering who we play against, then Martin, Marchbank and Pitto enter considerations, along with Motlop. But it will be a week by week issue.

A month back, would anyone have put Williams in F50 ahead of Martin or Motlop?

Reply #7

Boyd is a better user of the ball. Thats why he got the nod for me.

Having Cincotta in the side allows us coverage for down back which means Cowan is just unlucky.

Reply #8
Boyd is a better user of the ball. Thats why he got the nod for me.

Having Cincotta in the side allows us coverage for down back which means Cowan is just unlucky.
Cowan is unlucky but I have no doubt is a player for the future and will be a fixture sooner than later. Cincotta is in my team to be an onball tagger. Our mids are very good but if you can cancel out one of the oppositions most influential mids its gives you a head start and I think Cincotta has the ability to limit an opposing player as well as be a handy player himself.

Reply #9
Anyone else not voted in this one. We usually have more votes for these things.