Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 20 2024 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Port Adelaide (Read 6114 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 20 2024 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Port Adelaide

Reply #90
I suspect the return of McGovern and Kemp will see the likes of Cerra and Kennedy go up a level, back into their 1st choice roles and not making up numbers in the supplementary position.

Last time we played Port we saw Dixon back from injury, Weiters played well but Dixon was off kilter, then he was out again for several weeks before returning just two weeks ago. It was a tell about not playing blokes injured or under-done. But Nthmond gave him a bag of four goals last week, excluding a weak defence it'll have him on the up, he'll need attention.
"Ruck, ruck, ruck, ruck ....... Ruck, ruck, ruck, ruck"

Reply #91
It looks like Carroll will be the Sub,which is logical if you want to give Cuningham a bit of game time. Not sure Walsh will play. He looked pretty banged up last week. May bring Binns into squad and allow Carroll to play. I think Carroll is a better kick than Walsh and turns the other way to the rest of our midfield. He does give us a point of difference. It would be good to give Binns a go.

Reply #92
Certainly need the Next Man Up mentality  :o
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #93
It looks like Carroll will be the Sub,which is logical if you want to give Cuningham a bit of game time. Not sure Walsh will play. He looked pretty banged up last week. May bring Binns into squad and allow Carroll to play. I think Carroll is a better kick than Walsh and turns the other way to the rest of our midfield. He does give us a point of difference. It would be good to give Binns a go.

Interesting because Rozee looked as 'banged up' as Walsh at the end of their match! I would not be surprised if he was a late withdrawal after a relatively short break for them....and an interstate road trip.

Reply #94
Port have a fairly heavy hitting midfield, Wines, JHF, Butters, etc, etc,. we wouldn't want to go too light in the rotations, I suspect Cerra and Kennedy will be back in the heat.

Reply #95

Port have a fairly heavy hitting midfield, Wines, JHF, Butters, etc, etc,. we wouldn't want to go too light in the rotations, I suspect Cerra and Kennedy will be back in the heat.
Been playing Houston further up the ground and Rozee if he plays while banged up may start on a wing to help preserve him.
I'd expect Wines to play on Cripps and Drew on Walsh...

Reply #96
Been playing Houston further up the ground and Rozee if he plays while banged up may start on a wing to help preserve him.
I'd expect Wines to play on Cripps and Drew on Walsh...
I've a vague memory we had some poor efficiency despite winning, we burnt a lot if F50 opportunities, if we go in with some mids a bit sorry and sore we won't want to be too wasteful.

Did Wines and Cripps go separate ways last game?

Georgiades, a bit like Larkey, is a real pain in the ar5e for us.

Was it around Rnd 12 that the AFL fiddled with some of the "interpretations", was there some controversy about holding the ball in our game?

Reply #97
I've a vague memory we had some poor efficiency despite winning, we burnt a lot if F50 opportunities, if we go in with some mids a bit sorry and sore we won't want to be too wasteful.

Did Wines and Cripps go separate ways last game?

Georgiades, a bit like Larkey, is a real pain in the ar5e for us.

Was it around Rnd 12 that the AFL fiddled with some of the "interpretations", was there some controversy about holding the ball in our game?
Wines and Cripps engaged at the stoppages/clearances then went their separate ways from memory.....everything went to Georgiades last game and we didnt give McGovern much help in terms of pressure on the delivery.
Like Larkey if he gets the ball within range its more than likely going to be a goal, they also have Rioli back and Dixon although moving like a trackless T34 tank appeared to get some form last week so its going to be a bit more difficult than last time.
Pittonet only has to break even and our mids should win the day and give us enough supply to feed Charlie and Harry and I dont rate the Port defense at all...Allir is soft, Zerk Thatcher and Ratogolea are C grade KP players and the latters disposal is horrendous and if we get our smalls firing like last week Im expecting a decent win given the game is in Melbourne.
Might be a defining game for Hinkley too given WC appear keen to obtain his services and Josh Carr has pulled his name out of the contenders list and would be next in line for the Port job...a bad loss for Port and Ken might get the tap on the shoulder.

Reply #98
................. they also have Rioli back ..............
Weiters was sore enough after a round or two of Weightman!

Reply #99
Media training 101.

Lay low until it all blows over, then pretend it never existed.
Tinfoil or ostrich. You decide.

Reply #100

Yep, i suspect that it could all work out this way, and i think that is the way to go.
I had Kennedy and Walsh as 2 that could and should be rested to recover. Was surprised to see them both named.
Of course it all means nothing until they actually run out there.
If we don't rest Walsh now, not sure we'll have a good opportunity from here.
5 day break is the perfect time.

Reply #101
Media training 101.

Lay low until it all blows over, then pretend it never existed.
Tinfoil or ostrich. You decide.
It's called "Respecting the wishes of others!" ;)

Reply #102
Yep, i suspect that it could all work out this way, and i think that is the way to go.
I had Kennedy and Walsh as 2 that could and should be rested to recover. Was surprised to see them both named.
Of course it all means nothing until they actually run out there.
If we don't rest Walsh now, not sure we'll have a good opportunity from here.
5 day break is the perfect time.

WCE game

Reply #103
It's called "Respecting the wishes of others!" ;)
Whatever helps you sleep at night.