Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 16 2024 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Richmond (Read 4693 times) previous topic - next topic

AFL Rd 16 2024 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Richmond

We might have a few players ready for this one.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: AFL Rd 16 2024 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Richmond

Reply #1
Hopefully we can load up....heading over for this game.

Reply #2
Looks like we got out of the Geelong game unscathed.

Looks like we will have Cerra back for this game.

Looks like we also have potentially all of Martin, Marchbank, Cuningham, Motlop and even Pittonet fully fit and available for this game as well.

Do we dare make any changes?

For mine.
In: Cerra + Martin/Motlop
Out: Fantasia + Durdin
Sub: Cerra/Hewett

Reply #3
Not making Georgie Hewett sub any time soon unless it is to give him a bit of a freshen up.  I do wonder how we run all 3 of him Crippa and Kennedy in the one team, but how do you leave any of them out on their form?

Reply #4
Dont wanna be losing a game like this after a performance like last night.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #5
Not making Georgie Hewett sub any time soon unless it is to give him a bit of a freshen up.  I do wonder how we run all 3 of him Crippa and Kennedy in the one team, but how do you leave any of them out on their form?

Exactly why i had him (or Cerra) as the sub.
Give him a bit of a break.
or
Ease Cerra into it.

Could easily have put Kennedy there, but i think he is helping out as a backup ruck and as a 3rd tall option and is harder to 'replace' with someone else.
Cerra/Hewett are basically pure midfielders and more easily swappable.

Reply #6
The other thing to consider, our team is currently humming along.  Unless we need to change up the dynamic, maybe we shouldnt.  We might swap kennedy for Cerra, and then end up making Cripps shoulder more of a burden.  We are almost in a position where we can start to look about 4 weeks away rather than worry about next week.  A luxury we havent had in a VERY long time and will be the true test of how we are travelling.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #7
Think I read somewhere yesterday that Martin's recovery has had a setback and could be another 3 weeks away. Even if he was ready, I wouldn't be bringing him straight in. Missed the first 8 or so games and then got injured again in his first game back. Similarly, Cerra had back to back hamstrings...might be worth a run in the VFL for one game.

I can see us going in unchanged this week unless Durdin and Fantasia swap the sub role.

Reply #8
We were good the other night, possibly as good as we’ve been for many years.
It was a complete performance, but…

One of the best football lessons I learnt was one of the earliest.
In this crazy game…”Take nothing for granted!”
I started following Carlton in 1968 and we were premiers that year.
The following year 1969 we went into the second game of the year and kicked 30-30-210.
It was the league record at the time.
If we’d kicked straight, it might still be.
I thought at the time…as Mick Malthouse would in later years ;)  :D
”I cant see where we would possibly lose a game”…ever.

We sat on top of the ladder with a percentage of 181% after Round 2
But the following week we trailed Footscray at ¾ time before getting home… and the week after that we lost to Collingwood by 10 goals.
Our percentage went from 181-126 in just two weeks.

I can’t see how we can possibly lose this game.
But “take nothing for granted.”

Reply #9
Tom Lynch has done a hammy
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #10
Cerra is 100% class and if fit goes straight in. This team punishes the oppo on turn over with aggression and pressure in the coalface and have decent runners on the outside - Walsh, Hollands, Saad, Williams.. Hewett, Cerra and Kennedys decision making tight in the contest is A grade. Good to see Owies going up another gear - time for Durdin and Fantasia to have a run in the VFL. Would love to get Docherty and Cottrell in this team right now

Reply #12
I reckon Tom Lynch is close to being done full stop.

He’s not having much luck!
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #13
Don’t take this team for granted and have a loss. Don’t show them any mercy. Surely if you can beat the cats by a healthy margin, a game against the Tigers at this point in time is a percentage booster. Logic would say this is what should happen. Then again, since when has logic been something to rely on. Just win the f#$king thing.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #14
He’s not having much luck!
Too many injuries, wants to fight rather than play because he has slowed up to a walk and without Reiwoldt it's become  a lot harder being a one man band.