Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 13 2024 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Essendon (Read 6167 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 13 2024 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Essendon

Reply #15
Obviously resting him ahead of next week....given the travel factor too?

Reply #16
Obviously resting him ahead of next week....given the travel factor too?

Yes, it seems likely. A knackered Goldy would help us for sure.

Reply #17
We must bring attention to detail this week vs the cheats, that and hard running. Watching their games I have noted that they aren't lazy by any stretch, they run hard, create space and continuously look for options. They are quite quick too which will be a worry for for us. They are always looking to spoil or get a hand on the footy to intercept, desperate if you like. We need to be on our toes.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #18
Oh and they get behind the defence very quickly and easily on turnover.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #19
Langford injured...very handy timing.

Reply #20
Goldstein not playing today against GC. A late change.

Goldy was “managed” when Witts didn’t get up for Gold  Coast; a decision that backfired with Moyle and Walter having the better of Bryan and Wright.

I don’t think Pittonet will come up so it will be an easy decision for the MC; De Koning and McKay vs Goldstein and Wright.

I’m looking forward to seeing the McKay twins do battle.  I hope tempers don’t fray.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #21
They're expecting 90,000.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #22
Goldy was “managed” when Witts didn’t get up for Gold  Coast; a decision that backfired with Moyle and Walter having the better of Bryan and Wright.

I don’t think Pittonet will come up so it will be an easy decision for the MC; De Koning and McKay vs Goldstein and Wright.

I’m looking forward to seeing the McKay twins do battle.  I hope tempers don’t fray.

McKay twins will go down in history as the only two players with parellel 10 yr+ careers who never played against each other
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #23
It bleeds and we will kill it.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #24
"Essendon coach Brad Scott will seek clarification from the umpiring department after two crucial decisions went against the Bombers late in their 11-point defeat to Gold Coast on Sunday night."

Scott obviously starting to panic and wants to highlight 'umpire injustice' against his team so that they get 'a fair deal' on Sunday night!   That's an old trick Scotty!!

Reply #25
He worked at HQ for a few years, so I wouldn’t underestimate his ability to sway things in his favour.

Reply #26
I was there when the members waved $20 notes at Jimmy Hird.  They're still in denial about how good a run they get.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #27
"Essendon coach Brad Scott will seek clarification from the umpiring department after two crucial decisions went against the Bombers late in their 11-point defeat to Gold Coast on Sunday night."

Scott obviously starting to panic and wants to highlight 'umpire injustice' against his team so that they get 'a fair deal' on Sunday night!   That's an old trick Scotty!!

He has a point with the two issues he highlighted.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #28
I cant say I saw how the game played out, but funny how Gold Coast get a bit of umpiring leeway.  Its almost like the AFL has a vested interest in them being successful.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #29
Assuming the same availability as last round....no change.