Skip to main content
Topic: Blues v Swans semi final - pre game thead  (Read 72790 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Blues v Swans semi final - pre game thead

Reply #120
http://media.theage.com.au/sport/sport-special/footy-fix-how-far-can-carlton-go-4738095.html

No to McInnes - looks like a deer in headlights at present.
Again, SFA to come in hence I would persist with Macca. Is in terrible form but will snap out of it as I really rate this kid. Leave the side as settled as possible. Levi for Krueze if he doesnt come up. Brock for ??
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #121
Menzel.

fair call......who starts with the jacket on ?  McLeans probably not really an "impact" player.

Dare I say it, Chris Yarran?

Where is that old smiley of the little face darting behind the wall when you need it....

I agree the idea has merit but he's worth another chance IMO, start him across half back and give him a chance to work into the game. He did run hard from defence a few times in the second half and left his man behind, let's give him a four quarter shot at it.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #122
I noticed the media has gone quiet on the injuries to Bolton, Hannebury and McVeigh and all the talk is about whether Goodes will play.

It is just a benefit or symptom of them being in Sydney away from the bulk of the AFL media.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #123
Menzel.

fair call......who starts with the jacket on ?  McLeans probably not really an "impact" player.

Where is that old smiley of the little face darting behind the wall when you need it....

I agree the idea has merit but he's worth another chance IMO, start him across half back and give him a chance to work into the game. He did run hard from defence a few times in the second half and left his man behind, let's give him a four quarter shot at it.

I was more taking the piss hence the request for the smiley.

He didn't have a good match against Richmond, but that doesn't mean he gets the vest.

We have a few A graders that are a bit proppy and might be better suited to being used as sub.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #124
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/matthew-kreuzer-in-doubt-for-semifinal-20130911-2tjsu.html

After Kreuser last week returned 4 disposals, 4 tackles, no marks and no score at all,how much worse off would we be with The Bolt in???

I can actually see some positives in the move at this stage.

Kreuzer looked like he can't even walk. I doubt he will take the field. He hasn't had a great season and it has finished on a real low. No point in playing him if he becomes a liability. He needs to get better first and then start working on a come back to get him ready for next season. Levi could create trouble for the swans. Why not.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #125
The problem is that for some reason, despite three pre-seasons Levi can't run out a game, in fact he can barely run out a half.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #126
Goodes will play IMO and the Swans will try and outgun us for size especially if Kruezer doesnt come up.....what we dont want is McInnes for example winding up on Goodes...I dont care if Goodes hasnt played for three years he will lay the smackdown on McInnes and similar if Mick goes crazy and plays Bootsma....this is where we needed Laidler in some form.

You would have to go with Casboult to replace Kruezer.....read somewhere that Hampson has been training well and might be considered....big call to put him after such a long lay off and we all know that Hampson is vision impaired at night and next to useless when trying to take a mark...

Reply #128
I can't see how we win, so if I were MM I would mess with the line up big time.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #129
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/matthew-kreuzer-in-doubt-for-semifinal-20130911-2tjsu.html

After Kreuser last week returned 4 disposals, 4 tackles, no marks and no score at all,how much worse off would we be with The Bolt in???

I can actually see some positives in the move at this stage.

Kreuzer looked like he can't even walk. I doubt he will take the field. He hasn't had a great season and it has finished on a real low. No point in playing him if he becomes a liability. He needs to get better first and then start working on a come back to get him ready for next season. Levi could create trouble for the swans. Why not.

I watched Kreuzer's man run off him countless times vs Richmond, poor old Kreuz was hobbling after him clearly hampered. Have you ever seen someone run with a limp? Not pretty. His ruckwork was ok but otherwise he was a witches hat.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #130
Updated forecast: Good!

Saturday 14 September

Summary Min 13 Max 24 Shower or two.

Sydney area

Partly cloudy. Isolated showers, clearing. Winds northeasterly 15 to 25 km/h becoming light during the day then becoming southwesterly 15 to 20 km/h during the evening.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #131
Menzel.

Give him Jetta... Perfect match up for him it mean he plays of half back and will have the ability to play of him as Jetta is clearly lacking match fitness.

Reply #132
Segment on this morning's ABC News reckons Kreuz is very doubtful.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #133
Anubody heard how Waite's back is feeling, although even if it was buggered the club would be quiet as about it.
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #134
Rohan looks doubtful for them can only help our back line if he's out.

GARY Rohan appears to be in doubt for Saturday's semi-final against Carlton judging by a less than impressive effort at Sydney Swans training on Thursday.

As the Swans' coaching panel decides whether to take a punt on Adam Goodes, Rohan was very limited in training and seemed to be having trouble with his surgically repaired right leg.

Limited to running laps in between long discussions with the club's medical staff and apparent issues with his calf, Rohan's body language was not that of a young man excited by the challenge of a knockout final.

Leading sports medico Dr Peter Larkins said earlier this week Rohan had struggled in last Friday night's qualifying final defeat to Hawthorn.

"He's actually struggling a little bit with a lot of calf soreness and I thought he was limping noticeably in the second half of the game," Larkins told AFL.com.au on Monday.
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........