Skip to main content
Topic: Trumpled (Alternative Leading) (Read 431572 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Trumpled (Alternative Leading)

Reply #1110
It's somewhat true, but there will be a peak before the fall so timing is everything. These guys can afford the loss associated with those risks.

Yes, it's all in the timing and the ability to look your best after a haircut.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #1111
Yes, it's all in the timing and the ability to look your best after a haircut.

You always hear about there wins but rarely hear about a loss. ;)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1112
There's a suggestion that Malcolm should get Paul Keating to make the next phone call to the pathological narcissist but I doubt whether the Trumpster could keep up with the flow of Keating's insults :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #1113
Trump tweeted; "Do you believe it? The Obama Administration agreed to take thousands of illegal immigrants from Australia. Why? I will study this dumb deal!"

The actual number is around 1,250 and they have been found to be genuine refugees, not illegal immigrants.  Australia will accept South American refugees in return; the folk Trump's wall is supposed to keep out.

I'm not convinced that is a good deal from an Australian perspective.  I'm less convinced that Trump studying the deal will help him to understand what is involved.  He simply lacks the capacity to understand anything that falls outside his incredibly narrow view of the world  :( 

Re: Trumpled (Alternative Leading)1 m

Reply #1114
This is probabaly the best thing that has happened to Turnbull for some time.

Reply #1115
Warren Buffet has just bought 12 billion dollars worth of new stocks on the basis that Trump will lift the US economy by 2% even though he thinks Trump is a monkey who couldnt count how many bananas he had in his shopping trolley...its all perception with Trump, he doesnt have to do anything he just has to say he is doing it and the nation reacts and some like Buffet will come out winners.

Elwood cant agree on this one......like him or hate him but takes more then perception to get where he is.

Too many try to find an angle to insult him based on his manner, attitude or more often simply cause they don't like his brutal way of doing things. Hate him as much as you want, the man is definitely not a monkey.  Don't know too many monkeys who are billionaires, hardly paid a dollar in tax and now run the most powerful nation on earth.

He plays with the average man and users his smarts to get where he is today. Might not agree or like his stance, manner or way he go about it but the man is no dope.

Wish I was as dumb as him.   ;D

Reply #1116
well said shawny.

no dope. Where was the outrage over the US led killings of countless Muslims in multiple countries during the reigns of Obama and Bush before him over the last 2 decades?

The anti Trump MSM driven hysteria is laughable.....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #1117
Dope or not, he is an extremely dangerous egomaniac who has decided that he will strong arm any nation that he sees fit, has already pissed off a few world leaders, has already made comments that the US should've forcibly taken Middle East oil to protect us from ISIS, has decided to spend billions on building a wall for a problem that is already in decline, exaggerates, lies and distorts as and when he sees fit etc. I could go on, but seriously, why bother ?

Most of his wealth comes from his old man. He's had plenty of failed business dealings.

Reply #1118
Arnie has suggested that Americans would sleep better if he and Trump swapped jobs  :)

Meanwhile, the South Park creators have revealed how they decided to avoid incorporating current political events in their show because the real thing is funnier than anything they could satirise  ::)

I guess we'll learn how good/bad Trump the business man is when he releases his tax returns ...

Reply #1119

Elwood cant agree on this one......like him or hate him but takes more then perception to get where he is.

Too many try to find an angle to insult him based on his manner, attitude or more often simply cause they don't like his brutal way of doing things. Hate him as much as you want, the man is definitely not a monkey.  Don't know too many monkeys who are billionaires, hardly paid a dollar in tax and now run the most powerful nation on earth.

He plays with the average man and users his smarts to get where he is today. Might not agree or like his stance, manner or way he go about it but the man is no dope.

Wish I was as dumb as him.  

Shawny....His father made all the money, Trump jr's only success was his TV show, all his other ventures have failed, thats why real self made moguls like Buffett have no time for him.
Buffett figures Trumps short term popularity and hype will raise certain stocks and thats why he has invested 12 billion dollars worth of money ...Buffett made all his money after turning 50 and has only had one bad year in the stock game, he founded the group Berkshire Hathaway...if you want to do yourself a favour then buy some Berkshire Hathaway shares.....back in 1980 they were $300 a share.......you will only need about $244,000 to buy one share now... ;D If Warren Buffet says Trump is a monkey when it comes to finance then I believe him....

Reply #1120
I heard a comment this morning by Cadel Evans on Trump which I thought was a beauty. Evans said something like:
He is dumb enough to get us into a whole lot of trouble, but he isnt smart enough to get us out of it.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #1121
Shawny....His father made all the money, Trump jr's only success was his TV show, all his other ventures have failed, thats why real self made moguls like Buffett have no time for him.
Buffett figures Trumps short term popularity and hype will raise certain stocks and thats why he has invested 12 billion dollars worth of money ...Buffett made all his money after turning 50 and has only had one bad year in the stock game, he founded the group Berkshire Hathaway...if you want to do yourself a favour then buy some Berkshire Hathaway shares.....back in 1980 they were $300 a share.......you will only need about $244,000 to buy one share now... ;D If Warren Buffet says Trump is a monkey when it comes to finance then I believe him....

Elwood I'm not arguing Buffets credibility but his opinion of a fellow
Billionaire is possible biased or possibly correct......if he is comparing Trump to Buffetts himself.

All I'm saying is trump is no fool mate and those who seem to form the opinion he is generally do so based on his personality traits and in your face attitude which many in today's society can't accept.

So they deal with it by saying he's a dope or an idiot.

I will repeat it. He is no fool.

Reply #1122
I was listening to the South Park boys on 774 this morning and I was surprised to hear that they had followed the Essendon drug scandal. They said that the US election was like having choose between a douche bag and a Hird sandwich ... at least that's what I think they said  ;)

Reply #1123
Anderson Cooper was discussing the hostile call between Trump and Turnbull on his CNN show and he was perplexed by why Trump would go after Australia.  A Trump supporter and apologist, Geoffrey Lord, tried to compare it to Reagan's first speech in which he went after the Soviet Union, saying that the speech helped to bring an end to the Cold War.  Anderson Cooper smiled and said he hopes we'll see an end to the Cold War with Australia at some stage!

Reply #1124
Quoting Andrew Bolt ? Wow, there's a source you can rely on.

And what make your sources more reliable, because you agree with them?

Is any media source reliable in these days? Or do we all, not just PP like to read and listen to the ones we agree with and then often/sometimes try to discredit the ones we don't?

Smoke and mirrors, alternate truth is BS, but trying to find the real truth amongst all the BS is worse than trying to find a needle in a haystack!
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!