Skip to main content
Topic: Carlton vs North (in game) (Read 29458 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Carlton vs North (in game)

Reply #60
So refreshing to see a ruckman doing all the basic things like creating space by putting his body in, filling holes, running to take marks aroudn the ground and give an option, the odd big grab up forward...

I'd be happier if he wasn't getting done 2:1 in the ruck taps.

At least that is better than Warnock's 12:1 ratio.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #61
Sorry Prof, don't agree with you on Rowe and his safety first punching.

He does it at least 70% of the trime when he could have easily marked it.

He needs to be told to back himself.

He has 6 weeks to really give it everything. I'd love to win tonight to stuff Brayshaw, but I also want to see Rowe taking the game on and marking when he is in a position to do so, as he was on that occasion. If he drops the mark or stuffs up, so be it. They got a goal by him punching, so they may get a goal if he stuffs up the mark.

But if he DOES mark it, what a difference. And the thing is, he CAN take  a good grab.

Reply #63
I haven't posted for quite a few years since moving back to Melbourne and watching the baggers,,I was harping against Cappuanos ruck coaching for years even 5 years backā€¦.why do Kreuzer and Warnock always stare at the oppo ruck man before the bounce and not the ball>>>>>Cam Wood has shown so much more eyes on the ball at the bounce every time than everything we've seen in the past 5-6 years,,,what an improvement

Reply #64
Their accuracy is keeping them in it (per courtesy of a few @#&%#  umpiring decisions.)

Need to do even better this quarter.  They will be expecting a poor 3rd quarter from us.

Reply #65
Gibbs is worth every cent.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #66
Wood is no star but he does the basics well, gives a contest, uses his body to make space, and gives us something around the ground. He's the no.1 for now until Kreuzer returns. He also can take the odd mark in front of goal then kick it well.

Warnock gives nothing around the ground, but being so tall he wins a huge percentage of taps, which can actually disadvantage often us as it makes ruck contests too predictable. Opposition rove to him. Makes him little value right now.

Reply #67
Looks like the Chamomile tea has been served. Hope not, but looks like it.

Reply #68
We're due for our lapse. Hopefully we're still in front when it when it's over.

Reply #69
Not enough mongrel in Casboult. Shouldn't let himself be shoved aside like he was.

Reply #70
Leaders required!

Reply #71
Weak effort to tackle from Bell, but all started because Robbo can't hit a trget when he handballs, and that's not the first time this year that it's happened.

Reply #72
They must give the boys warm milk and a bedtime story during the half time break!!
Why did the Carlton FC fall? So they could learn to pick themselves up.

Reply #74
They must give the boys warm milk and a bedtime story during the half time break!!

Chammomile tea, mate. It works for me ::) ::)

Haha. My age still begins with a 1, so warm milk is a little more relatable. But yes, Chamomile tea is great!
Why did the Carlton FC fall? So they could learn to pick themselves up.